Wednesday, October 28

Ally Harper's bedtime routine

Each night when we put Ally Harper to bed, she wants 3 things to sleep with: her blue blanket, her singing and light up Barney and her animal book. Usually I just place the Barney and book at the foot of the bed so she has something to play with the next morning when she wakes up. Occasionally she will play with Barney while she's trying to go to sleep, so I let her for a little bit. Well last night, she started playing with Barney. I let this go on for a while, and then finally after about 20 minutes I decided to go see if she happen to fall asleep on top of Barney's hand since it had been continuously playing for so long. Well upon further investigation, she was still awake and instead of just pressing Barney's hand to listen to him sing, she was using him as a reading light. She had gotten her animal book and was pressing Barney's hand so his belly would light up which would illuminate the room enough so she could see the pictures in her book! I was stunned that she was so inventive. I took both Barney and book away and placed them at the end of the bed again and told her goodnight and left out. As I return to the den, I was laughing so hard I couldn't even tell Chris and Brooklyn what was so funny. I promise this child is hilarious some times! At least she's smart!

No comments: