Monday, March 9

Confessions of an OCD Nursery decorator....Part 1

In case you were not aware, when I was pregnant with Ally Harper I created a website that outlined my entire nursery plan right down to every detail. From wall color to wall art to fabric samples. Needless to say, this was mostly done on TMK time (shhh). My reasoning behind it was to keep those interested informed. So it was sort of like my blogging now except I didn't journal. Back to the past, it took us quite a while to find furniture that we liked and when we finally did, we got several pieces of it and have never been disapponited by it. Okay now back to the present, since baby #3 will have to share a room with Ally Harper for the time being it was important to me that we match the furniture. And that meant getting another crib just like Ally's. I really love her bed because it is a Bonavita Heritage collection lifestyle bed meaning not only is it a crib, but it also converts into a toddler bed, then a daybed, then a full size bed, so this bed will be in the family for a while. So why wouldn't I want another one?? But I was in for a rude awakening. Upon shopping for another bed, I soon discovered that the furniture collection had been discontinued in white and was told that it would be almost impossible to find the crib :( But anyone who knows me knows I will do WHATEVER I can to complete what I have my mind set on, so that is when the search really began. I first called Expectations because that is where I bought AH's and that's when I found out the bad news. Next I googled and found a bed, but it was in Kansas City and they will not ship. So then I went to the Bonavita website and did a search with the store locator and was given the closest 5 stores to Jackson and then I called each one with no luck. Next, I changed zip codes many times from TX, to FL, to LA, to everywhere and finally had a list composed of about 40 Bonavita distributors and called each one of them still with no luck and just about when I was going to give up I found one!! And it is in Shreveport, Louisiana. Hallelujah!!! But wait, this was to good to be true, wasn't it? Of course, when I am involved nothing is easy so why should this be? And yes, there was one small problem. The bed was defected. One of the pedestal legs would not screw on like it should, therefore I would not be able to use any of the legs. Believe it or not I was okay with this. I would rather have the same bed without the feet than a totally different bed with pedestal feet. Plus, maybe Ally could have the new one since it would be closer to the floor for her to climb in and out of. But when I told Chris, he didn't agree. He didn't want a defected bed. So I called the lady with the bed and asked her to send photos so I oculd see if my brother could fix the problem. This was last week, and I still had not gotten the pics as of today. But this morning, I did get a call from the lady and she apoligized for not sending pics yet, but she had been sick, yada yada yada, but then she said that when she went to take the photos this morning she stumbled upon something-- A BRAND NEW CRIB STILL IN THE BOX!!! Can you believe it? See persistency pays off!!!! So guess what!!! Baby Neyland is the new owner of a crib. I am so excited. Things are working out just great. So far so good. And why should these things be easy? Would we appreciate things if they were just laid at our feet?

No comments: